Nintendo Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nintendo Fan Community and Review site for Over 18's Only

3 posters

Ghost Trick Review

ChaosControl
    ChaosControl

Nintendo Stars : 4388

Ghost Trick Review Empty Ghost Trick Review

Post  ChaosControl Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:39 am

Ghost Trick Review Ghost_Trick_Phantom_Detective_cover_art_zpscc199f33

Ghost Trick is a fantastic little puzzle game for the Nintendo DS, made by the same people that gave us Phoenix Wright and Okamiden.

It stars Sissel. A blonde red suited guy who has a very bad day. To start with, he wakes up dead. He has no memory of who he is, how or why he was killed or who by. A talking desk lamp (What? Doesn't furniture talk to you?) helps him discover his poltergeist powers, or "Ghost Tricks".
    Sissel can manipulate objects. Such as turning lights on and off and knocking objects over.
    This is where the puzzle aspect comes in. You have to maneuver Sissel by possessing nearby objects and using them as "steps".

Ghost Trick Review GhostTrickScene_zpsc157c926

Not long after Sissel gets used to these powers a red-headed damsel in distress turns up. It's basically Sissel's job throughout the game to make sure that this hapless heroine doesn't die, while trying to figure out his own identity and that of his murderer. Oh, and he has to do all of this by dawn or else he'll disappear forever. The story is really interesting and the more you find out, the more you want to delve deeper. It has some fantastically funny dialogue. Anyone that's familiar with the Phoenix Wright games will appreciate its humor and quirky graphical style. The music is excellent as well. It pulls you into the story and adds to the mood.

Ghost Trick Review GhostTrickScene2_zps52127135

Another interesting gameplay mechanic is that you can travel back in time to 10 minutes before someone's death. So now you have a time limit to solve your puzzle in! The music changes and really piles the pressure on right before someone is about to die, but there are some cases where you literally save someone's life at the last second.

Ghost Trick Review GhostTrickscene3_zps3b18fd4b

This game is full of surprising twists and shocking revelations, whose threads all come together in a memorable and satisfying conclusion.
    I heartily recommend this game to anyone that likes a good story and a puzzle.
    The game is played entirely with the stylus. It has no multiplayer or online capabilities.

Age Rating: 12+

Chaos Rating: 9/10 - I didn't give it full marks just because it is a little on the short side and not much replay value. Didn't stop me from play it a second time last month though....
    Kent Hammer
    Kent Hammer
    Admin

Nintendo Stars : 4560

Ghost Trick Review Empty Re: Ghost Trick Review

Post  Kent Hammer Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:40 pm

Nice one!

Great review, really pleased you stepped upto to plate.

I recruited well when I snagged you! Very Happy

Going to aquire this game now.
    ChaosControl
    ChaosControl

Post  ChaosControl Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:32 pm

Kent Hammer wrote:Nice one!

Great review, really pleased you stepped upto to plate.

I recruited well when I snagged you! Very Happy

Going to aquire this game now.

Thank you! I never do anything by halves. When I sign up for something, I give it my all.
    Definitely, get the game. It gives you that lovely content feeling you get after reading a good book....at least it does for me anyway.....
    Colne Crusader
    Colne Crusader

Nintendo Stars : 4369

Post  Colne Crusader Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:48 am

Good work mate! I'm glad you reviewed this. I had recently started it but got sidetracked. Makes me wanna get back on it now!
    ChaosControl
    ChaosControl

Post  ChaosControl Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:50 am

awesome! Do finish it, it's brilliant.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 7:39 am