Nintendo Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nintendo Fan Community and Review site for Over 18's Only

3 posters

Wii Sports Resort Review

Kent Hammer
    Kent Hammer
    Admin

Nintendo Stars : 4561

Wii Sports Resort Review Empty Wii Sports Resort Review

Post  Kent Hammer Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:30 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wii Sports Resort is the follow-up to the original Wii Sports game. It has more games than the original and makes use of the Wii Motion Plus controller.

The blurb says “Enjoy 12 different sports on a tropical island!” and I thought “Great” (although why they need to be on a tropical island I am not sure.)

The 12 sports are:

Swordplay
    Wakeboarding
    Frisbee
    Archery
    Basketball
    Table Tennis
    Golf
    Bowling
    Power Cruising
    Canoeing
    Cycling
    Air Sports

The game appealed to me as I am not a hardcore gamer – I do not have the patience to sit and play a game for longer than around an hour. Short, sharp games are much more to my liking and it also helps if the game is child-friendly. So, Nintendo have ticked all the boxes for me and my family on this one.

I was intrigued as to how Frisbee was going to translate into a Video Game but was very impressed with the reactions of the controller and difficulty of the game (Frisbee is one of the games which smaller children will struggle with)

Swordplay is great fun, particularly in duel mode. Think of “Gladiators” but with swords rather than oversized cotton buds.

Archery was interesting in that it makes very clever use of the Wiimote and Nunchuk in combination, as it also does with the Cycling game.

Wakeboarding and Power Cruising offered nothing particularly new whilst Canoeing proved very difficult to control. Table Tennis is strictly for ping-pong fans.

Basketball was another game which had quite an intuitive control mechanic but Golf really doesn’t need to be in this game – perhaps it was included to make up the 12?

Bowling is a family favourite, especially when set to 100 pins. It is rather satisfying to see all 100 go down on a strike!

Air Sports involves piloting a light aircraft around targets which float around the island – an OK game.

This games great strength is the appeal to younger players and you can easily spend an hour or so playing a few of the different games.

Overall a good purchase and I would recommend it to anybody who likes a game which can involve the whole family.

Rating: 8 out of 10
    Colne Crusader
    Colne Crusader

Nintendo Stars : 4370

Wii Sports Resort Review Empty RE:Wii Sports Resort Review

Post  Colne Crusader Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:47 am

Good review Kent!

Sounds like good fun for one and all! Might have to check it out!
    ChaosControl
    ChaosControl

Nintendo Stars : 4389

Wii Sports Resort Review Empty Re: Wii Sports Resort Review

Post  ChaosControl Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:55 am

Frisbee and Swordplay are by far my favourite games. Much like Bowling and Golf were my faves on the previous WiiSports.

I enjoy the motion controls, but so far I've only seen them utilised in Wii Sports Resort and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. I have 60 Wii games and only 2 of them support Wii Motion Plus.

Sponsored content

Wii Sports Resort Review Empty Re: Wii Sports Resort Review

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 12:47 pm