Nintendo Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nintendo Fan Community and Review site for Over 18's Only

2 posters

30th anniversary of the original Famicom mean games for only 30p each!

Kent Hammer
    Kent Hammer
    Admin

Nintendo Stars : 4573

30th anniversary of the original Famicom mean games for only 30p each! Empty 30th anniversary of the original Famicom mean games for only 30p each!

Post  Kent Hammer Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:50 am

Seven classic games incoming over the next seven months

During today's Wii U Direct Satoru Iwata announced the Wii U Virtual Console Trial Campaign, which has been devised to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the
    original Famicom. Eagle-eyed readers will note that the Virtual Console doesn't officially launch until after Spring, when the system update addressing the slow loading times is applied, however the promotion is live in the Wii U eShop right now.

Wii U owners will be able to download a new classic NES or SNES title every month up until July for a recession busting 30 cents/30 pence, with that price being available for 30 days before the normal price is applied.

The release schedule for North America and Europe has now emerged and can be seen below:

January – Balloon Fight (NES)
    February – F-Zero (SNES)
    March – Punch Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream (NES)
    April – Kirby’s Adventure (NES)
    May – Super Metroid (SNES)
    June – Yoshi / Mario & Yoshi (NES)
    July – Donkey Kong (NES)
    ChaosControl
    ChaosControl

Nintendo Stars : 4401

30th anniversary of the original Famicom mean games for only 30p each! Empty Re: 30th anniversary of the original Famicom mean games for only 30p each!

Post  ChaosControl Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:31 am

Oh yeah I got the update about this on my 3DS! It's a bargain....but I already own all of those games!!

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:23 am