Nintendo Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nintendo Fan Community and Review site for Over 18's Only

4 posters

No Achievements for Wii U!!

Kent Hammer
    Kent Hammer
    Admin

Nintendo Stars : 4573

No Achievements for Wii U!! Empty No Achievements for Wii U!!

Post  Kent Hammer Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:40 am

Personally I think they are idiots for not including them.

what is your view?

here is the article-

Nintendo have released a whole load of information on the Wii U recently, but one thing people seem to be wondering about is if the Wii U will have some kind of achievements/accomplishment system.

It looks like 5th Cell, the guys behind the upcoming Scribblenauts Unlimited have let the cat out the bag. They revealed that the Wii U will not have a system wide accomplishment system, it's up to developers if they want to add their own achievements/accomplishment in the games they make.

This is what Jackson over at 5th Cell said.

"There are no Wii U accomplishments that are system wide. They are up to the developers to include or not include. Scribblenauts Unlimited loosely has them in the form of "Global Starite Shards" which is like a giant checklist of global things to spawn and do in the game that aren't area specific."

It seems to me that Nintendo take all the right steps going forward and then take a huge step back. Nintendo look like they have an amazing online service and some rather innovative features associated with the Wii U but then don't add in an Accomplishment system? I find this rather odd.

Trophies and achievements are now a staple diet to most hardcore console gamers and if used right offer some really cool replay value to games. This is not saying Nintendo wont add this in the future, look at the Playstation 3, it did not come with trophies at the start and was later introduced with a firmware update. What I find odd about this is Nintendo really should have added it now, makes me wonder if they ever will.

It's not as if Nintendo do not like the accomplishment idea, because last year they added a system like this into the Mii Plaza in the 3DS.

What do you think of Nintendo not having an accomplishment system?
    laughingjumpman
    laughingjumpman

Nintendo Stars : 4358

No Achievements for Wii U!! Empty Re: No Achievements for Wii U!!

Post  laughingjumpman Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:02 am

Not all that fussed really, never been too bothered about achievements. Prefer just having stuff to unlock as you go in games themselves.
    Colne Crusader
    Colne Crusader

Nintendo Stars : 4382

Post  Colne Crusader Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:43 am

I can't say i'm surprised. I imagine Nintendo probably wanted their system to provide gaming that's as traditional as possible. Maybe that's not the reason, but it was just my first thought on the matter.

From a commercial point of view, it's seems to be a mistake though, but that's just typical Ninty!! I'm sure the Playstation and Xbox trophies and cheevies help to sell more retail software units, and they definitely help DLC sales, with all those completionists lapping it all up!
    Kent Hammer
    Kent Hammer
    Admin

Nintendo Stars : 4573

Post  Kent Hammer Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:47 am

Yes huge error.

I have cancelled my pre-order for now and will see if any games grab me.

I only REALLY want Warriors Orochi so far.

If you cannot play the nintendo titles online then I won't bother getting the Wii U as I will never have more than one person to play with and even that very rarely.

If you need a family of 4 to enjoy the games then I will stick to cannon fodder on my SNES!
    ChaosControl
    ChaosControl

Nintendo Stars : 4401

Post  ChaosControl Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:30 pm

That's a shame! I for one am a bit of a completist and it really bugs me when certain games offer little or no replay value. There are so many games I can't deem as complete because they've got trophies/achievements for online modes. They're so difficult to get as I don't really bother with online play and I am not forking out for xbox live!

I really like the 3DS accomplishments. I hope they get their act together eventually.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 11:20 am