Nintendo Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nintendo Fan Community and Review site for Over 18's Only

3 posters

Activision Hope to Bring Full CoD: BLOPS II DLC to WiiU

laughingjumpman
    laughingjumpman

Nintendo Stars : 4359

Activision Hope to Bring Full CoD: BLOPS II DLC to WiiU Empty Activision Hope to Bring Full CoD: BLOPS II DLC to WiiU

Post  laughingjumpman Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:43 am

No, that’s not the sound of a ye olde dial-up modem bleeping into action, but news! Albeit, a headline suffering from a surplus of acronyms.

Activision Hope to Bring Full CoD: BLOPS II DLC to WiiU Wii-u-black-ops-2

Slow internet connections are a particularly appropriate comparison point here, as news of any sort about the latest Call of Duty on Nintendo’s upcoming piece of kit has been decidedly slow-and-steady. The image has been loading up gradually, however. So far, we know that the title is to be graphically on-par with those appearing on rival formats, will feature online and splitscreen multiplayer modes (the latter to make inspired use of the extra screen offered by the Wii U’s signature controller), and will allow a range of control options, from the Pro Controller to the Wiimote and nunchuck.

Now, Activision’s CEO has revealed in a recent interview that the publisher at least hopes to bring the same DLC and Elite services that it has confirmed for PS3 and Xbox 360 to Nintendo’s newest platform. Nothing has been confirmed as of yet, however, as they are still reportedly “working out the details with Nintendo" at this time.
    A mystery then, with even Activision themselves not entirely sure how well they will be able to deliver a Black Ops package equivalent to that gracing other formats in November. Hopefully more will be revealed in the coming weeks, but with the US Wii U launch only a month away this is justification for at least a few concerns about the early future of DLC on the new Wii’s Nintendo Network.

Hopefully by the time the 30th November rolls along, and both the console and the game launch in the UK and Europe, Activision will be able to at least confirm if and when their ‘goal’ of CoD DLC will be in sight
    Kent Hammer
    Kent Hammer
    Admin

Nintendo Stars : 4574

Activision Hope to Bring Full CoD: BLOPS II DLC to WiiU Empty Re: Activision Hope to Bring Full CoD: BLOPS II DLC to WiiU

Post  Kent Hammer Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:45 am

I would never buy a COD or a FIFA game for any console.

Its the gaming equivalent of wearing adidas tracksuits bottom and a baseball cap to asda's! Wink
    laughingjumpman
    laughingjumpman

Activision Hope to Bring Full CoD: BLOPS II DLC to WiiU Empty Re: Activision Hope to Bring Full CoD: BLOPS II DLC to WiiU

Post  laughingjumpman Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:49 am

See, I do like the CoD games, usually just about complete the campaigns, but I get a lot out of the multiplayer - guilty pleasure! That prefer Wii pointer for first person shooter aiming over dual analogues.
    Colne Crusader
    Colne Crusader

Nintendo Stars : 4383

Post  Colne Crusader Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:09 am

I can't help thinking how odd it will seem getting COD multiplayer style Triple X rated abuse from opponents while playing on a Nintendo Console. It would be a real culture shock!! Very Happy
    laughingjumpman
    laughingjumpman

Post  laughingjumpman Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:19 am

It is comical, I don't have a headset for the Wii to talk back, but I have been on the receiving end of a few high pitched, pre-pubescent rants though lol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:48 am