Nintendo Addicts

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nintendo Fan Community and Review site for Over 18's Only

2 posters

Animal Crossing Jump Out: The best 3DS game of 2013?

Kent Hammer
    Kent Hammer
    Admin

Nintendo Stars : 4575

Animal Crossing Jump Out: The best 3DS game of 2013? Empty Animal Crossing Jump Out: The best 3DS game of 2013?

Post  Kent Hammer Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:12 pm

Animal Crossing 3DS won't be released until 2013 in the UK but the latest news from Nintendo Direct in Japan on Friday has got me even more excited about it. I must have blogged about Jump Out four times already but there are just so many new things to talk about.

You couldn't say the same of Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City which wasn't really that much different from Wild World but the more we see of Animal Crossing: Jump Out, the more it looks like a proper sequel to the 2006 DS classic with brand new features, areas to explore, and animals to befriend or torment as you see fit.

Take, for example, the ability to plan and design your whole town. While we've known about this for a while, Nintendo Direct yesterday showed us the scope of customisation - the different styles of roads you can lay for example, or the different shaped bushes and trees that you can dot around your town.

Of course, as we also knew, you will also be able to decorate your own house too, and during the latest update, we saw some of the options available in Tom Nook's shop: steel doors, wooden walls, and slate roofs, as well as what appeared to be a castle. Each to their own!
    The tropical island was another big new area revealed during the video. Having traversed the seas thanks to Kapp'n's new speedboat, you'll arrive on a sun-drenched island, where you'll be able to participate in a variety of multiplayer mini-games. This should be good fun and it presents us with a more solid multiplayer offering than has been offered before in Animal Crossing games but it could actually benefit your single-player game too: when you win the game against your friends, you'll win medals that you'll be able to exchange for prizes in a shop on the island. So it's not just for fun; you get paid!

As well as that, another multiplayer feature was also revealed - rather than just being able to visit the house of someone you've StreetPassed, you'll be able to visit their entire town in the new Dream Mode so they can visit your town without cutting down your trees or stealing all of your imported fruit!

And then there are the titular animals themselves. Of course, most players will do their best to keep in their good books: visit them regularly, decorate the town nicely, and not hit them with fishing poles. Tom Nook is the obvious exception, and running away after he gave me that final extension was immensely satisfying. But now you have another option: you can use the 3DS's microphone as a new megaphone tool to grab the attention of the animals around you. Perfect for annoying them immensely!

As well as that, everybody's likely to want to be friends with KK Slider: no longer merely a struggling solo guitarist, KK has had a slight change of career and is now DJ KK, playing sets down in the Club 444, complete with smoke machines and flashing lights. Who wouldn't want to be friends with a DJ dog?
    Animal Crossing Jump Out is shaping up to be a really interesting and fun follow-up to the previous games, with lots of improvements and additions that should allow for the already content-packed games to have an even longer lifespan. Are you looking forward to it?

Source- ONM
    minkey_monkey

Nintendo Stars : 4265

Animal Crossing Jump Out: The best 3DS game of 2013? Empty Re: Animal Crossing Jump Out: The best 3DS game of 2013?

Post  minkey_monkey Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:37 am

I spent hours on old DS version... Mostly re arranging my furniture lol
    Kent Hammer
    Kent Hammer
    Admin

Nintendo Stars : 4575

Animal Crossing Jump Out: The best 3DS game of 2013? Empty Re: Animal Crossing Jump Out: The best 3DS game of 2013?

Post  Kent Hammer Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:07 am

I am going to replay my Gamecube version.

Also will try the DS
    minkey_monkey

Nintendo Stars : 4265

Post  minkey_monkey Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:43 pm

I would say I was addicted to the ds version. Although the music nearly drove me mad.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:53 pm